I read a lot of RPG blogs. A lot... Lately I've been finding so much good stuff that I have to share some of it. Or at least store it where I can find it later.
- One Sentence NPC Generator - an oldie but goodie from RPGTips. Stuck for NPC ideas? Click this puppy till you find one you like. A few examples:
- Clumsy, drunken wizard morbidly afraid her own sobriety.
- The town witch doctor, reputed as a medical miracle worker, is actually nothing more than a lucky fraud, in way over their head.
- Highly superstitious about local fey, the blacksmith only takes payment in silver for fear of being duped with 'faerie gold.'
- Depressed elementalist has forgotten how to summon all but the nicest of weather.
- 5 NPCs That Won’t Put Your Players to Sleep - From Dungeon Mastering Some good general tips for designing interesting NPCs. I've used a few of these myself and will probably use more of them in the future.
- Nerdy Chix - Web site by and for female MMORPG , videogame and RPG players.
- D20 end of year deals from montecook . "WotC pulled the plug on d20, so that anything with the d20 logo on it can't be sold after the end of this year." I didn't realize that. eek!
- Delta Green Rules for Survival - from RoleplayingPro - I just discovered this blog, and it's full of nifty, interesting stuff. If you've ever played Delta Green (or the shared world campaign Delta Files) this will ring really true. If you haven't, and you're within driving distance of Lansing MI, email me and we'll set something up. X-Files meets Cthulhu for the win!
- How to Get Players More Involved again from RoleplayingPro. Oh, heck, just go read everything there!